Terms and Conditions
1. Hermes provide the courier service for all our customer orders. By completing your order with ContegoHomeShield.com, you are authorising us to act as your agent in contracting Hermes to provide the courier service for delivery of your goods.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they make payment for the correct delivery service. Failure to do so will result in the dispatch of items being delayed until additional payment has been made.
3. We are unable to dispatch goods on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays (including Christmas and New Years Eve) as none of the courier companies will carry out collections at these times.
4. Although we offer a next day delivery service, and while our chosen dispatch company are of a very high standard, we can not completely guarantee or accept any responsibility, in the unlikely event that goods do not reach you on the following working day. In exceptional circumstances where we are unable to dispatch same day, ContegoHomeShield.com and its associated companies reserve the right to dispatch goods on the following day. In this event any delivery charges paid by the customer will either be reimbursed or the order cancelled and refunded in full.
5. Once Hermes has collected your goods from us, responsibility for delivery passes to them, so any issues with late/missed deliveries or non-deliveries should be taken up with Hermes by telephoning their Customer Services department or the local depot.
6. We regularly monitor our competitors to ensure that we are providing our customers with the very best possible prices. However, should you see an identical product available at a lower price, we will always match or beat this price with the exception of the following situations: Our guaranteed lowest prices policy does not apply to or include sales, clearance sales, auction sites, entered typing errors, instances where a quantity purchase is applicable, or where a price is being offered on unavailable stock.
7. www.ContegoHomeShield.com reserve the right to limit the quantity of a product ordered, or the number of repeat orders. If placed online a full refund would be provided.
8. All pest repellers can take anywhere between 14-30 days to take effect within a home. Therefore this period of time must be allowed to establish control. After this period, if you are not completely satisfied you may return the product, by way of a postage method which requires a signature, upon receipt a full refund will then be offered (less carriage).
9. As we strive to continually improve the quality of our products, ContegohomeShield reserves the right to replace any item with another. This will only ever be done if the replacement product is of an exact or better standard. For example, if a purchased brand of insecticide has an active ingredient of 1%, it will only ever be substituted with another brand of insecticide with that strength as a minimum.
Faults and Returns
10. All goods must be inspected at time of acceptance, and prior to signing for. In the event that any goods are damaged, notes to this effect must be made on the carriers paperwork. Failure to do so means that a claim for damaged goods in transit, will not be considered by the carrier. In these instances all additional shipping costs will be met by contegohomeshield. Any missing items must be reported to us within 48 hours of receipt.
11. Any goods reaching you in a faulty condition will be collected and exchanged by our courier. This must be reported to us within 48 hours of receipt and returned together with all original packaging. Full details of how goods should be returned will be provided at time of report.
12. While a full refund will always be offered on goods returned within 14 days, the cost of outward and return shipping will not be refunded in instances where the customer has changed their mind, been unable to receive the goods due to absence, failed to track/locate, or collect from carriers holding point. Furthermore, in the event that shipping costs have been subsidised, this subsidy may also be reclaimed to cover ‘actual’ shipping and packaging costs. In all instances goods must be returned within 14 days of dispatch, and must be shipped back by way of recorded/signed for delivery in order to qualify for a refund. Our returns address is Contego Ltd Maple Way Newton Aycliffe DL5 6BF.
13. In the event that an order is returned or has to be refunded as a result of a customer error, or failure to receive/collect or after 14 days of receipt then a £9.95 restocking charge will apply. In addition we also incur a returns charge of £5.50 if a customer fails to collect their parcel from a local post office after 3 weeks. This is unusual as most customers chase a parcel’s progress within this time frame. However, in instances where we incur this charge it will obviously have to be passed on to the customer if no correspondence is received within 21 days of dispatch.
14. Where goods are returned by our carriers due to incorrect delivery information being supplied, or a consignment not being accepted at its destination. Any costs associated with re-delivery will lie solely with the customer, alternatively a refund of goods less initial delivery charge will be offered. A restocking charge may apply.
15. No refund will be issued to goods returned to us after 30 days, where the customer has not contacted us to chase their order or attempted to collect their items from the Post Office or Depot where it had been held. Should the customer request redelivery of their goods after they have been returned to us then they will incur an additional postage charge of £4.99 in addition to the £5.50 returns charge*.
16. Contego Home Shield cannot guarantee the success of any supplied product as we are unable to assess correct usage, thoroughness of application, the extent of any infestation or any other contributing factors. For these reasons, no refunds can be given on this basis. Any complaints or queries about the efficacy of products must be taken up directly with the manufacturer.